Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Great American Roadtrip

Both my husband and I have migrated from the east coast to the west on a one way trip. When I was five, my mother and I moved from North Carolina to southern Oregon (that was 1978!). We traveled the southern route so we could hit California and see family. This experience was the 'beginning' of my memories timeline, and I regret not having photos of this trip. A little more than ten years ago, my husband migrated from Pennsylvania to Oregon to begin our life together. He took the bus. Although he got to Oregon in just three days, the route wasn't especially exciting. Both of our previous roadtrip experiences had the specific purpose of migration without the leisure of exploring what America is all about.

This trip will be different. For one, it is round trip so there will be two different routes we will take. And we are making the the trip not just about the destination, but also about the journey itself. So, as my husband diligently plans our route, where we will stay, what towns we should see, I am just looking forward to seeing what America is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment