Saturday, June 9, 2012

Two more weeks and counting

We are set to leave in two weeks for a roadtrip of a lifetime, and a lot of detail planning is necessary to ensure we have everything we need. Two years ago, we made a trip back to Pennsylvania via plane, which forced us to pack light. Although we have more space in our car, we still want to pack light-if there's nothing more I can't tolerate, it's a messy car.

Our dog Baxter is of course coming along. To make this trip more convenient and safe for him, we purchased a soft sided dog carrier and a harness that attaches in the car (a doggie seatbelt). Traveling with a six year old can be somewhat challenging at times in itself, but add an eight pound dog to it all, and it could be a delicate balancing act.

Now that the excitement of the roadtrip has settled somewhat, I am thinking of being as prepared as possible for whatever kind of issue that might arise. Our car is very new, so I am not too worried about it mechanically. I stocked up our first aid kit with just about every item that might be needed for days on the road, but I can't help but wonder, "What else have I forgotten?"  That's me-the mom who always want to be prepared for anything.

Although we aren't planning our trip home too specific, one stop we are definitely making is in Wilmington, North Carolina-where my family is. We will be there for about a day (overnight), and I am very excited to see my family if for just 24 hours. Wilmington is a charming coastal city near the border of South Carolina. It adds eights hours to our drive home, but that doesn't seem like much considering. What I also like about heading that direction from Pennsylvania is we can stop in Washington DC? (Hopefully?)

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment