Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 13-in Reading

Day 13

Reading PA has an awesome farmers market indoors. We took Mark's mom there to shop and I will always be impressed with how cheap fresh food is here. For breakfast I enjoyed the most delicious soft pretzel ever.

Since our day in New York was a long one, we decided today would be more laid back, and it was extremely hot. As I endured a sweaty nap, Mark took Maggie to the community pool. I really like the Hamburg pool, but I was running on just a few hours of sleep, so a 3 hour nap was the only thing that would help.

For dinner, we drove to a village called Lenhartsville to experience fine Pennsylvania dining. Maggie had spaghetti, I had a fish fry, and Mark had traditional pot pie. The name of the restaurant was called Dietsch Eck, or 'Dutch Corner'. I always get a chuckle of how the culture is called Pennsylvania Dutch, but in reality it's very German.

This is about the time we realized our time in PA was coming to a close. Tomorrow we would spend the day eating and drinking with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment