Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 14-Our last day in PA

Day 14

Our morning was slow and relaxed with our gracious hosts Jared and Valerie. We are so thankful to have them as family, and shared so many laughs and smiles with them. It is great to see brothers like Mark and Jared have a great relationship. Valerie was so accommodating for us, and I am grateful to have her as my sister-in-law.

For our last meal with Mark's mom, we went to her favorite Thai restaurant. Normally I brag about the great Thai places in Portland, but this place is really good.

Once we arrived back at the house, the festivities endured. As we sat watching a cheesy horror flick, the doorbell rings. A big surprise arrived, and her name was Penelope! I adore Penelope, and Maggie was so happy to see her cousin. More eating late into the evening, and then a huge thunderstorm arrived! This storm was perfect in lowering the heat, and I was grateful we didn't lose power.

By 10pm, all but the kids were ready to crash. I slept great on our last night in Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment