Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 18-Coming home

Day 18

Hitting the road again, it was more the same of plain Montana. Butte was sort of cute with the exception of the carved cliffside. Missoula was even better, but not how I imagined. In this part of Montana, I was expecting more trees, but instead the landscape was more barren.

As we moved north and west, then Montana became beautiful. The Rockies ruled here, with rock formations and evergreen trees. Then, we came to the border of Idaho..




Of all the places we drove through, the beauty of this area captured my heart. northern Idaho is nothing like the I-84 drive. Couer d'Alene Lake is extremely beautiful, and those who live by it are so lucky in my opinion. I was so busy admiring the beauty, I forgot to get a picture.

We were now in the home stretch once we crossed into Washington. The drive from Spokane to Tri-Cities is extremely uneventful. I highly recommend taking a nap if you are the passenger.

The last 3 hours of our drive was in Oregon, and a familiar one. It seemed like the longest 3 hours of our trip, but once we came into the Columbia Gorge, we had a great appreciation of Oregon's diverse beauty.

Driving through Portland during rush hour took another hour! But it was good to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment