Thursday, June 21, 2012

Only three more days!

We are so excited for our trip now, and have fine tuned our driving itinerary-just what I did not want to do initially. Our first day of driving will be a long one-at least 12 to 14 hours. We hope to make it to Nephi, Utah sometime late in the evening on the first night. Nothing special about this place other than it has the most selection of lodging and eating before we head south to Zion National Park and the Grand Canyon. The second day of driving will be more relaxed so we can enjoy the scenery. We will spend our second night hopefully in Flagstaff, Arizona after our day of sightseeing.

I have a special fondness for Flagstaff too. Years ago when I lived in Arizona, I would make trips up to this mountainous college town and admire the trees. Coming from Oregon to Phoenix Arizona was already a culture and scenic shock. Seeing those tall pine trees made me feel like I was back home.

Our next two days will be long ones again, and we hope to reach as close to Knoxville Tennessee on our fourth day. The fifth day won't be as intense for driving as we hope to drive through the Great Smoky Mountains on our way into Wilmington North Carolina. It has been twenty years since I have seen this part of America, but I remember how beautiful it was. Once we arrive at our first destination, we hope the weather will allow us to enjoy the beach not to far from Wilmington.

So the next 3 days will seem to pass so slowly as it always does when you are waiting for vacation to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment